I am thrilled to have been nominated by Prerana from Inside Travellers Shoes for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It is an incredible honour to be nominated for awards by other bloggers that appreciate your work! Within the last 12 months, 3TravelBug has now received 3 different awards and I am so thankful to everyone who has helped the blog grow so much over a small amount of time!
WHAT IS THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, inspiring and hard working in their niche. It is awarded by bloggers, to other bloggers, who recognise their development in blogging and offer them much needed support! It is also a great way to know more about the person.
The Award is mainly given to new bloggers or bloggers who have made massive strides in developing their blog. As the award title probably gives it away, it’s about bringing a new fresh approach to blogging and helping others in the process.
THE RULES OF SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
- Thank the blogger who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the bloggers asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
These are the questions I was asked by Prerana
- What have you learned about yourself from travelling or life in general?
Definitely to be a lot more independent. Sounds cliche, but when you’re travelling if you struggle to be independent then it can make the whole trip a lot harder to enjoy. Also I am a lot more care free now than I was before!
2. What’s the best advice you’ve received in your life?
The best advice I have received is to work hard and appreciate what you have. I think this is really important in all aspects of your life, whether it be a full-time job, being a student or a blogger!
- What’s the first stamp you got on your very first passport? And why did you go there?
The first stamp I got was when I visited Malaysia last year! Malaysia was part of my 3.5 month Asia trip and the second stop on my tour. My first stop was in Hong Kong but I got a visa card and not a stamp!
- What type of traveller do you believe you are?
Hard question to answer! I agree that there are different types of travellers, I always make the big distinction between being a traveller and being a tourist, but I know the word “Traveller” means something different to different people. In terms of my definition, I am more a traveller than a tourist. I like to go out of my comfort zone, try new cultures and foods, and go to a place open-minded!
- Despite all our differences, what according to you is that “One Thing” that unites every person on this planet?
Probably food! Although I have only been to 3 of the 7 continents, nearly every country that I have visited prides themselves on the food that they offer. Food is something that crosses boundaries of culture that is hard for many other things to cross.
- Which language or culture (excluding your own) do you admire and why?
Probably a little bias as I have Thai girlfriend, but I’d probably have to pick Thailand! The Thai language is so tonal and complicated that I find it so interesting to listen to. I also love the culture and everything that comes with the culture, like it’s awesome food, and its Buddhist temples.
- Name one materialistic desire/object you can’t give up?
Definitely my phone! I use it for contacting my friends, blogging, my entertainment. I’d be pretty lost without my phone. Although saying that, I did break my phone when I was in Central America and coped pretty fine without it then!
- Karl from KHL, lifestyle and travel blogger
- Yukti from Travel With Me 24×7, travel blogger
- Mahima from Yahoo2info, A self-proclaimed “Jack of all trades.”
- Jeryn from Da Jay Way, shoe blogger
- Ivana from Red Riding Hood, travel blogger
QUESTIONS FOR MY NOMINEES
- What is your favourite country that you have visited?
- What’s the number one thing you have learned about blogging?
- Are you an adventurous with your food choices? Name the most unusual thing you’ve consumed and name something you won’t eat.
- If you could do any job in the world what would it be?
- Where was the first country you visited?
- If you had unlimited money what would you do with it?
- If you could live in one country (other than the one you currently live in) where would it be, and why?
- Wheres the number one place you haven’t visited yet?
- If there is one thing that you could change about your blog what would it be?
- Have you made any real friendships out of blogging?
- What’s the worst experience you have ever had?